Thread: Reuse Materials

Talking Reuse Materials

I know I've asked a similar question recently, but did not really get a clear answer, because of the situation.

Here is my question:

I am using the Wood Material Alder Dark and the Cherry 2 on a lot of items. Each time I go to color an item (add the material), I have to dig through the list of materials.

Is there a way to save these materials so I can just apply them on the fly?

Thank You,
    NickyD.

If you open the object and click on the Materials tab, there should be a button that says Plan Material, this is the list of the materials used in your plan already. Then you can just scroll down the list to the material. It's a little quicker than digging through the library every time.

Also, you can use the eyedropper tool in a 3D view to copy a material from one object to another.

Or, you can use the Spray Painter tool to put one material on any object in a 3D view.

Many ways to skin a cat with material application.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

I believe you can set up a CUSTOM TOOL BAR that has your commonly used materials on it.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall