Thread: X3 Ray Trace

Hybrid View

sorry to be a bearer of bad news,

that video card is acient. i first used a gtx 8800 when i built this computer for hi end online gaming over 2 years ago. sorry to include that im a big counterstrike fan!

i notice that a lot of guys now days are almost standardizing the use of twin graphics cards in gaming and rendering work...i would argue its almost an absolute requirement.

i have an nvidia gtx 260 video card with almost a gig of memory and the bloody thing actually gave me an error message this morning (when using chief) saying it had run out of memory!!! (i wasnt even raytracing)

i dont know about what things are like i nthe states, however, here in australia, i never go to a computer shop to buy a decent video card. i alway go to computer markets where all the online gamers go. they are right up there with cutting edge stuff all the time. when i first brought my 8800, it still wasnt available in computer stores over a year later.

btw,

you might want to seriously consider upping your computer ram a lot, 4 gig is the absolute minimum to run windows these days. (most guys are running at least 8 gig)
    Last edited by adamjedgar; 06-09-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Adam,
    Then why is my graphics card ok for Kerkythea or Thea Render? I can render pretty quick with those 2 render engines.
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas