Thread: X3 Ray Trace

Hybrid View

I still don't like the lighting. Not enough of it, and not placed correctly. Most of my light is comming from 2 light sources, which you can see shining on the ceiling.

Also, I can't figure out how to get the sun to shine directly in the window.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Allen,
    It looks much better!! 12 hours?

I don't know why the bump map didn't work with mine. I tested it it a couple of times and it always gave me an offset. I redid the bump map again from the jpg I used and it still came out offset. Could it be my machine? I've noticed that I'm getting some odd flashing, streaking lines at start-up and I may need another mother board or video card.
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin View Post
    Keith,

For us Chief users that are not as savvy as some of the render kings on this post ( you guys know who you are!!) can you please post some renders done by chief engineers so we can compare what X2 render did and compare it to x3?
    Chad, You can look at some Sample Renders here ...http://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/samples.html

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jeffery View Post
    Of course, you're welcome to stick with Thea. If it works for you, that's all you need. However, it seems a bit premature to dismiss the quality of the new ray tracer. How long did you spend learning the ins and outs of Thea? How long have you spent with Chief X3?
    Keith,
    The quality is way better than PovRay and you all should be congratulated on such an improvement but when comparing not only the quality of the renders but the time it takes to get the quality, other render engines that are solely designed for only high end renders are better.

I looked at all the Sample Renders on Chief's website and I think I can make a fair assessment without having to spend hours learning it.

Chief Architect is an architectural tool while stand alone render engines are designed for rendering so it's not fair for me to expect the same outcome. You all did a great job with the improvement, really you did.
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas