Thread: X3 Ray Trace

Threaded View

Pat,

I was amazed at how much faster the new Ray-tracer has been so far but I built my current PC looking ahead to this day of 64bit, multi-core architecture and the future is now.
    I only have two cores but I did max out my mother board with RAM before I recently installed Windows 7 x64 (I still have the old video card I started with which only shows the ray-traced results and as has been said has nothing otherwise, directly to do with the creating the Ray-Trace, only the viewing of the results).
    Compared to my old XP Prox32 set up X3 running within W7x64 is a Sports Car compared to the four-cylinder-four-door sedan of X2 on XP32.
    I second the veracity or lack thereof of Windows-Based estimations of time-lapse, whether uploading or downloading a file or any other "Estimated Time Left" that runs within any Windows Based Operating system; when I want to know the time I look at my PC and then a real clock just to be sure.

DJP
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 06-09-2010 at 11:42 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!