X3-exporting plan-"graphic file cannot be found"

Why am I getting this notice? I looked at the files the notice is giving me and the material textures the exporter "can't find" isn't in my plan.

Where is this coming from?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exporting problem.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	40914  
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

I got the same warning this morning when I tried to import a CA10 file into X-3.
    I tried to close the warning but it wouldn't close and eventually it loaded and looked fine.

I received the same dialog box.
    I think it has to do with prior versions of Chief and how the texture in the material definition was referenced (associated). The highlighted files appearing in the warning dialog box are probably associated with your 'user library' you had built up over the past in X2.

I have not had a chance to conduct, but I plan or exporting from X2 my entire 'user library' and import in to X3. I think this will resolve the issue as long as your textures were OK in X2.
    Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

I'm glad it's not just me.

When I looked at the textures in the exported file I also saw a bunch of textures that wasn't in the plan. I'm not talking about Chief's default textures...these are textures from my personal library that I applied in the plan but never used and there were also some that I don't remember applying to the plan at all.
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

Fort Worth Texas

Before bringing a plan forward, you may try the Purge button in the Plan Materials dbx. This is supposed to get rid of unused textures that might have been applied at some point.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sutcac View Post
    Before bringing a plan forward, you may try the Purge button in the Plan Materials dbx. This is supposed to get rid of unused textures that might have been applied at some point.
    Thanks Bryce...I forgot about the purge.
    x4

Fort Worth Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1217 View Post
    Why am I getting this notice? I looked at the files the notice is giving me and the material textures the exporter "can't find" isn't in my plan.

Where is this coming from?
    Pat,
    In my last post on this subject I said manually Exporting User Library from X2 and Importing to X3 might work; well it didn't.

Solution that corrected my issue: This could get a little complicated depending on where all of your textures and image files reside and/or if you shifted to a new computer.

Having had this problem in the past when bringing forward v10 textures to X2, this spring I made sure my textures/images with assocoated file locations were displaying correctly in X2 library. I wanted to have a correct baseline in anticipation of X3 arrival and the migration of user textures/images.

Was your X2 library satisfactory for your textures/images prior to upgrading to X3? If so, then:
    - There should be copies of textures and images in the Chief Architect X2 Data file (Image and Texture folders).
    - Copied Image and Texture folders to Chief Architect X3 Data file.
    - Opened X3 and everything was OK.

I don't know if this will work for you, not knowing how you had X2 setup and where your texture/image files were located or if files were transferred if you upgraded to a new computer.
    Don

CA Premium X6 (16.1.1.9x64) SSA
    Intel i7-4770 (8M Cache) @ 3.4GHz; Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit; 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz);
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670;
    Dual HD Monitors (24" and 22");
    Primary Hard Drive: 256GB SSD.

Here's the scoop. Older versions gave us much less and later notice of missing texture and image files. So, we're finding plans have had "holes" in them for a long time, it's just that X3 now has the facility to actually correct them and is giving us the notice accurately.

When you get it, choose "replace" - navigate to your My Documents, \Chief Architect Premier X3 Data\Textures to pick an image file. If you're on Windows 7 just type a few of the characters and some choices will pop up, (Windows XP I think you can similar with asterisks and such).

Older versions had separate materials for horizontal and vertical. Except in rare circumstances, we don't worry if we have exactly the same pine or osb, we just pick one and move on.

You only have to do it once per plan. Then it's all fixed up and stays fixed. The good news - now it's fixed for going forward also.

If you're pressed for time just say "cancel" and nothing awful will happen. It's just prompt you again the next time you open that file.

Definately make sure your profile isn't looking for old or missing textures, unless you really like doing this over and over!
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)