Thread: X3 Ray Trace

Hybrid View

you know so many designers make claims about how their product is theoretically supposed to work! they sit up there with the latest technology telling us all how well the thing will run...we all know that in reality it will work the bloody way it wants to on the machine it is being run on

truth is...old is old! a computer that is a little long in the tooth, a wee bit slow...well... whilst we could say, "its maturing gracefully"... perhaps its time to tell it like it is...gone from pimples to wrinkles!

I had a raytrace going all night but for some reason my laptop shut down. I don't have the laptop settings to auto shut down for any reason so I don't know why it did. It apparently shut down before the render was finished. I had the render set to "save" after it was done and nothing was saved.

I have another render started. "Standard" raytrace...says 13 hours. We'll see what the real time will be.

The only time I've ever seen a render take this long is when I've rendered a huge image size (5100x3200) in Kerkythea.

If I need more Ram, can I add more Ram to this laptop?
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

If I need more Ram, can I add more Ram to this laptop?

Yes

unless you have already maxed its capacity ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)