customizing child buttons on toolbars

hi guys, is it possible to customize a child button so that it immediately inserts a specific cad block into the current drawing that i have previously created and saved to my blocks library?

for example,

when drawing up a structure that is on bearers and joists, one often requires piers that are not located on a footing. now i don't want to have to custom make a pier pad from a slab or solid cylinder, then manually place a brick pier on top.

ok so, i simply created a block of the two combined and saved it to my library. now i would like a button on my toolbar that simply inserts that block straight into my drawing without having first to go to my library, scroll though all my cad blocks to find it, then drag i across into my drawing.

obviously, i understand that it will only be able to insert the block with the fixed dimensions that it currently has, however, i dont mind sorting that part out on the run once its in the drawing. i had thought of perhaps making a new toolbar with some child buttons on it just for piers and have 3 or 4 comon piers and pads i use on it that load the appropriate block directly from my library
    Last edited by adamjedgar; 06-05-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Adam:

check out the Place Library Object feature

that might do what you want ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

yeah i reckon that will work, it says i can have up to 100 of these on one toolbar. im sure that will be more than enough for a couple of pad&pier design combinations!

im a little concerned about the button icon choices...hopefully i can assign more appropriate ones than what i see in the help document.

cheers ill give it a go.