Override Automatic Door & Window Sizing

If you try to stick a door or window into too narrow a space, the symbol automatically sizes to fit the narrower space. Trying to resize the symbol has no effect, it reverts to the largest width that will fit the space.

Somewhere in Chief there is a setting that sez essentially, "ignore casing in automatic sizing", but I cannot remember where it is. Direction would be appreciated.

Regards,
    J. M. Edgar
    Managing Partner
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    hime@starcraftcustombuilders.com

Ain't that intuitive. I have to hunt and peck.

Defaults > Plan > General Settings: Ignore Casing for Opening Resize

I don't know why Chief did not put it in BOTH the window default setup and that for doors. Maybe there is a good reason.
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

Gene,

Thanks. Makes no sense to me, especially since I can think of situations where I would want to ignore casing for doors, but not windows and vice versa. In fact, I can imagine a scenario where I would want to ignore casing size for interior door, but not exterior doors.

Well, not everything can be perfect.

Thanks again.
    J. M. Edgar
    Managing Partner
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    hime@starcraftcustombuilders.com

this actually reminds me of a question i posted the other day about customizing buttons. if we could create custom buttons on our toolbars for these kinds of operations like you can in microsoft office programs for example. you could create a button on a toolbar that you could simply click on to adjust that property or other common objects and/or properties you may regularly play with.

i wonder if maybe one can already do that?