Thread: Foundations

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by poelcat View Post
    Bradley, no I have not sent it to tech yet. I was hoping someone here could explain what was going on first. here is a simple example. go to a 3d view and change the whit wall to invisible and watch what happens.
    Well Mr "P-Cat",
    I tried what you said and got mixed results. Changing to "invisible" replicates your issue and shows terrain(grass) under the structure. Changing the wall to "invisible beam" maintains the blank (hole) in the terrain beneath the structure. I think that Ron's may be correct by saying you need to create a "foundation" level in order for the terrain to behave properly but I didn't try that out yet.

When I changed the wall to "invisible" and "no room definition", I got the same results as when I just changed them to "invisible", eg no hole, just terrain continuous under the structure (except under the separate room).

I also noticed that your 1st floor level is set at 25 9/16" (for what it's worth). Looks like you could get what you want by just using the " invisible beam" designation since "beams" still don't show as beams in 3d (I hope they eventually will, X3? definable real 3d beams?).

Just added/created a foundation, then changed wall to "invisible" and this is the resulting image. If I change from "invisible" to "invisible beam" then there's a hole in the terrain. On the positive side, using the "invisible" tool allows for a raised pier look. Don't understand why the "invisible" designation causes the terrain to think that the room has no definition.-BB

-Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FoundationIssuePart6-5-10.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	40779  
    Last edited by Bradley Boltz; 06-05-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: add jpeg image and add extra comments
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Found Foundations

Your privacy is important to us, your personal details will handled discreetly, and will not be shared with anyone except the CIA, FSB, MI6 or similar, then they will be placed on a USB stick and left on a bus.