Threaded View

And - Adam - the way to do what you want is to use the back clipping section camera to cut a section through the cabinet in question, then use the cad tools to add to the section as generated by Chief.

I agree with the others that 99% of cabinet folks will not only not need this, but will see you providing it as a sign of either inexperience or over-finickiness. What they actually need is a 1/2" scale floor plan, with the cabinets dimensioned and labeled, and 1/2" elevations with the same labels and dimensions.

If you really do want to do shop drawings, it's just adding more information at a larger scale.

Tools for you to learn - Back Clipping Section Camera - your cad tools (line, box, etc) - how to control the size of text and arrows in dimensions - text with line tool - regular text tool. If you get into actual shop drawings, look at how to apply fill to closed polylines. All of these are in your book and/or the videos. Pay no attention to us poking at each other and come back with more specific questions once you've gotten started.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)