Help!! Back wall keeps disappearing

Can anyone take a look at this issue I am having with this plan. The back short wall above the 4 season porch and kitchen keeps disappearing, I have tried everything I can think of to get to stay but it keeps disappering.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Steve

Version X2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Steve:

I banged around some and couldn't really find what was interferring with that wall

I deleted the lower roof plane and then the ceiling plane and then the wall generated

however, I'm not sure where to go from there as my partner usually fixes these types of issues

you also have an issue with the window on the right being cut by the ceiling and roof planes

Lew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEST1.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	39482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEST2.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	39483   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TEST3.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	39484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WINDOW ISSUE.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	39485  
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

The ceiling plane that extends from the porch up through the second floor is the problem. Not sure why it's there to begin with, since the porch roof is pitched the same as the ceiling, and up above is just attic space. Get rid of it, or edit it to cover only the spaces that need it. After that, you might have a little fussing with attic walls to get everything right, but it should work. As Lew said, there are other issues as well.
    Warren Hirsch

Steve,

This is a complicated if straight-forward, nicely designed model.

What I found was a collection of small but important errors:

1. Spaces not matching floor to floor exactly as required for "no ceiling over this room" and matching "Open Below" areas; they have to match exactly floor to floor otherwise you get problems.

2. This type of design requires manual editing of roofs, attic walls and custom ceiling planes all of which were off enough to cause your missing (disappearing) walls and other problems.

3. I am not of course exactly to nine decimal points sure of where you were going in every design detail but I will send you the model I downloaded and edited if you will send me your e mail address to do so.
    The clerestory window you had was too wide to fit in the space you had for it to be in so I deleted it and I added several over the front-facing clerestory area to let light in (which I am guessing you intended to do anyway).

4. The second story wall that abutted the upcoming stair width did not match as to alignment and that caused that wall to disappear (stair objects and walls need to match exactly to work properly in the software as in the field).

5. The wall you had at the foot of the stairs needs to be under the next to last tread otherwise it will protrude through the stairs (you had it through the first thread and so it grew through the stairs).

Like I said your design concept is very nice so it was the software adjustments, manual settings, manual ceiling plane, wall and roof edge adjustments that let you down.
    I would not feel bad at all as it took me almost an hour to find and figure out what I wrote about here.

DJP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X2you.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	39490  
    Last edited by David J. Potter; 04-06-2010 at 08:53 PM.

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Thank you all for your responses!!

Lew, yeah I realized the window was in the wall but when I was trying to fix the issue I just copied a window over to that wall just to hold it while I tried to fix the wall.

David my email address is nike096@yahoo.com. Thank you for the time you put in, it is greatly appreciated! I will gladly pay you for your time, just let me know what you need from me!

Thank you all again!!

Steve