Thread: Arrows Too Thin

Arrows Too Thin

There are still problems with getting the heavier line weights to show for arrows added in layout and added to cross sections. Had this problem with previous versions and now in 6.0. Am I missing something here? Has anyone else had this problem? On previous versions ART said to use CAD arrows as a work around, but thought this had been fixed in 6.0. Thanks for any response.

Bill

I need more data on what you are seeing. The default is set in "Edit" "Prefrences" "Text" for the entire program so if I forget and don't change the arrow size in layout I get five inch wide arrows in layout where as 5" arrows work fine in the main child window. It is a problem of scaling, it would be great if we could independantly set arrow size for Layout and Child wouldn't it?

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

Am plotting on arch d size (24 x 36) and arrow size is OK but actual plotted line thickness is 1 or seems less even tho default setting is 4 or better.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill

Like David, I am unsure if you are talking about the arrows on text call outs or leader Arrows at the end of a string of text.

In both cases, however, you can go to "Options" "Show items" and change the line weight on the "Text" layer to a higher value than 1. Your Arrows should now print at that weight.

If your text has been placed on a specific layer than you would need to change the weight on that layer.

Hope this helps.

Mac

[This message has been edited by Mac MacDonald (edited 01 September 1999).]

BILL I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND IT IS ANNOYING.

THE TEST: I WENT INTO MY ELEV. CAD DRAWING HIT <SHOW ITEMS> CHANGED TEXT TO "3" AND COLOR TO BLUE( COLOR EFFECTS HOW PRINTS TOO.) AND THEN WENT TO MY LAYOUT SHEET AND DELETED THE OLD ELEV (FOR ARGUEMENTS SAKE) THEN ATTACHED THE NEW ELEV. WITH THE CHANGED PREFRENCES. WELL THE TEXT WAS NOT THE COLOR I WANTED, SO I PROCEEDED TO OPEN THE ELEV AND HIT <SHOW ITEM> SURE ENOUGH IT WAS GREEN COLOR AND WIEGHT "1". I DID THE FOLLOWING TWICE AND NO CIGAR.

BILL, DAVID TRY WHAT I DID AND SEE IF YOU GET THE SAME RESULT AND EMAIL ME BACK TOO.

I, been complaining about this problem for years. I was always told that it was just me, but it's not. No amount of tinkering will help. It's a pain & they need to fix it. Your not alone.
    Dennis (Vision Development)

I spoke with Adrian at ART and she had a good work around for this problem. Notes with arrows must be added to elevations and cross sections before sending to layout. Notes must be assigned a new CAD layer as line wt changes in default layer of "NONE" will not hold when going to layout. It works for me! I should have posted this sooner. Does not work for Chief 97, however.

Bill

Uncomfortable I am to be the one "Nay-sayer" but other than the scaling of the arrows in layout, I am of the opinion that V6, for printing is vastly improved. I have only the above as my singular complaint (arrow scaling in layout)

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas http://members.spree.com/djpotter

[This message has been edited by David Jefferson. Potter (edited 06 September 1999).]

In reveiwing the posts I am pretty sure we are not in perfect communication about what is being complained about:
    1.Text arrow line weight and color when added in layout.
    or
    2.Line weight control in layout in general.

Version 6 has greater line weight control and visual display of line weight but it is far from "automatic". I don't consider it a "big" problem for ME, I understand it is a problem for some of you others and you do have my sympathy, no sarcasm intended. I think additional posts will be helpful to better understand in detail what your complaints are.

Sincerely

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter