Threaded View

joeim is offline Registered User Promoted

Solid Masonry Walls and Fire Cut Floor Joists

Here's one that I've stumbled upon. I am using CA X2.

I'm currently doing my model of an existing three story walk up apartment building. I've laid out my existing plans on all three levels.
    The exterior walls are 8" solid masonry, furred out 2" and have gyp. bd. finish. I got the hang of the furred wall, double wall, framed through sequence for the perimeter walls. That works great. I got my interior wall types working, fantastic. I went through the build framing for the floors and think that everything is working fine.

Because I really get a kick out of the camera views, I play around with them looking at the exterior elevations and section views.

And there, in my Section view, I see floor framing going out to the exterior face of the exterior masonry wall. In my Elevations view, I see ghost lines for floor framing, I see the ends of the floor joist in my building elevations.

As this is an older building, the floor joists would be in the masonry walls with firecuts, no rim joists. I made sure that I did not pick rim joist on any of the floor framing windows.

I must've done something simple stupid to have this happen.

Why am I having my ghost lines in elevation view, why do I see the ends of the floor joists in my elevation view?