Thread: "(Vert)-V"

"(Vert)-V"

I get "(Vert)-V" displayed in numerous locations on my plan. It has to do with changes in ceiling or roof heights. I cannot get rid of the notations.

In version 7, I would get these but I was able to remove them usually by turning off layer 15. Sometimes that didn't work and I would exit CA and reload and they were gone.

I've recently upgrade to ver. 8. How do I turn them off?

Thanks,
    Don Nicoll
    D.C. Nicoll Fine Homes

You have built new baselines for your roof, which can be used to create custom roofs as they are p-line that you can edit for shape, and assign roof/wall types to its various edges to build custom roofs that use this special p-line as the origin for roof sections rather than the walls

there are a number of ways to turn them off or to get rid of them..

1. don't rebuild the baselines in the first place.

2. using the roof tool, select the baseline(click near the outside edge of a wall, a p-line around the perimeter of the building will be highlighted. Delete the baseline

3. Select the baseline as above open its dbx>style button and uncheck the Show Roof Info button

4. As you have already noted turn off layer 15

Don, if your not sure what these base lines do I would look into it if I were you. These baselines are a powerful tool.

Louis

Yeah, unfortuantely every time I rebuild the roof baselines, I have to go back later and turn off layer 15 again.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

You do not need to rebuild the baselines every time you rebuild the roofs, just rebuild the roofs...nor do you need to build them at all if your roof is generated from the walls

Several times as I work on a new plan, I end up changing the walls and roof, so if I change the roof, yes, I do have to rebuild the roof baselines (although 90% of the time I use the auto-roofer, takes less than half a minute each time).
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio