Smile Exploring Residential Home Design

For all you new and old CAD teachers, if you are looking for a good resource to introduce your students to Chief Architect, then try Exploring Residential Home Design for Chief Architect version 10. It is an activity/project book that will walk the students through the building process via Chief Architect.

I have been using Chief Architect with my students since version 9.x, but only started using this project book this year when we upgraded to X1. The students enjoy it and it does a great job on teaching them how to use Chief Architect. Each chapter takes the average student about 45 minutes to complete, which is perfect for our 55 minutes class periods. That give me 10 minutes to introduce what they will be learning and allows me to do closure/checks at the end of class.

I didn't see a version for X1 or X2 of the Activity/Project Book, but applying the steps written for version 10 to X1 in almost a non-issue.

The book is strictly on how to using Chief Architect and does a great job. So you will need to supplement information on Architectural Design and basic things like the Home Styles to Kitchen Triangles to Roof Pitches to Traffic Patterns, etc....

Here is a link to Chief Experts.com that seems to be updated versions of what you are talking about for versions 10 and X1:

http://www.chiefexperts.com/products/item27.cfm

Are these what you are speaking of?

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!