Gable End Detail

Good Afternoon to All,

Need a bit of assistance, don't want a gable vent in the gable but either a lattice look or possible a birdhouse in the gable structure. The structure would be about 4-6" thick with lattice inlaid and held up with brackets. Another thought would be a bird"house" in hte gable end. How do I show the lattice look or make holes for the bird house

thanks in advance
    Edward
    x2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gable detail.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	36830  
    Edward DeLong
    X4

Edward;

If you can't find a suitable material in the library you could get creative with PL solids. You can create holes over PL solids with other PL's made into holes; shape them as needed. A picture or two of exactly what look you are trying to achieve might be helpful.
    Last edited by Curtis Johnson; 01-13-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

I for sure would do it using solids, I would probably start by sending the elevation to a "cad detail from view" outline the area in question, create your lattice work or birdhouse using cad tools. Convert cad lines/parts to solids, either in part or as a whole depending on depth/thickness of individual parts drawn. Save to the library, go back to your elevation view and insert the newly created block. Move it into position in elevation and plan views. Assign a material to your creation and viola! This only took a couple minutes and is quite simple, but I think you'll get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gable Birdhouse.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	36842  
    Doug Michel
    General Contractor
    Design & Build, New Jersey
    Windows 7... 64 Bit,
    X6 Build 16.1.1.9 X64 w/SSA
    X5 Build 15.2.1.3 X64 w/SSA
    X4 Build 14.3.2.2 X64 w/SSA
    X3 Build 13.4.2.7 w/SSA
    X2 Build 12.6.0.25 w/SSA
    X1,V10,V9
    Sketch Up Pro 8
    AutoCad 2014
    Adobe CS6 Design Premium
    A Pool Cue , a Harley, a Hammer & a Camera
    Good Isn't Enough... When Better is Possible.