Cathedral Ceiling Problems

I have a two level house. The upper level does not cover all of the first floor. In the area that is not covered, the ceiling is a cathedral design. When preparing the drawings the camera view showed all areas were correct. The Cathedral ceiling in the room was fine. The rest of the lower level was at 97" as desired.

However, as I prepared the interior steps and doorways etc., the top of the cathedral room walls are now the siding that is on the outside of the upper level. No matter what I try, it will not change.

I have come too far to redraw now. I have tried to redraw the same general configuration in another plan as a test bed and it is just fine.

If anyone knows what is causing this condition, I would appreciate some help.

Paul

Try opening the wall in question (this may be an attic wall) and go to roof tab and specify "lower wall type if split by butting roof".
    Hope this helps.

Mike

Cathedral Ceiling Problems

Well, Mike,

I haope you read this, it has 3 days since your kind response, but I finally got the problem mostly fix. Thanks to you.

It is a strange way to fix the problem and I do not exactly understand why using the suggesting realy works, but it did.

Thanks much.

If you can provide a more detailed explanation as to why this works and what is it doing, I would appreciate it.

Paul

This will feature automatically creates a pony wall for the wall that has a roof section that butts into them, the upper portion of the wall will be of the wall type you want for the wall above the roof, and the lower section will be of the wall type you want below the roof