Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by FrankL View Post
    Doug,

How does one know if they have a multi-core system? Your hardware guide note is cause for some concern as I am one of those fortunate users that have virtually no operational problems with my x2. I have no idea if my now (2010) five-year-old Dell Dimension 8400 series is multi core computer.

It has Windows XP Pro, 32-bit, Pentium 4 processor 540 (3.2HHz) w/HT Technology and 1 MB Cache. 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM @ 100mhZ. 250 GB hard drive. All of which is Greek to me.

Frank
    Frank, you have a system that's getting a "little long in the tooth" but with a decent processor speed. I noticed that your memory size seems a bit low and you may benefit from bumping up from that 512 to 2048mb if your motherboard can handle it. My older AMD's are operating at the minimum of the recommended specs and improved a bit by increasing the memory.-Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4