Threaded View

MacPro Running XPsp3

Doug:
    Thanks for the information on recommended hardware. I am planning on upgrading my Win XPsp3 Professional OS running under Boot Camp.

My MacPro is a 3 GH Quad Core w/ 8GB of memory (though I can access less than 1/2 of that with XP - a primary reason for my wanting to upgrade to Win7).

I have run Chief Architect v10; X1; and X2 on Win XP on my Mac for two years and have never had a technical software issue - they all ran faster and with more stability than when they were on a dedicated Windows machine.

Do you know of anything 'special' about X3 that may make running it under Boot Camp more risky/less stable? Does CA have an official recommendation based upon any testing that either supports or denies using X3 under Boot Camp? If I installed Win7 64 bit today, would you imagine I could run CA X2 on it till X3 comes out?

Any other insights you care to share would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jim

PS: it is my perception that X2 takes substantially longer to load and to render than it's predessessors. I have imagined a couple of explanations for this: 1. X2 seems hard linked to the internet so when you load it has to go out to search for my serial number, and I guess other elements may be stored remotely and downloaded as needed, etc.; and 2. The evolution of the software and its need for memory exacerbates the memory limit under Win XP.

Any foundation for these perceptions? Will X3 share these attributes?
    jim simpson
    oasis development