Hybrid View

Karl;

I have a high end HP laptop. Can you whip a laptop and load Windows 7?

Not sure if 'whipping' will help but you can try. We did a format and install of windows 7 on a 6 year old hp laptop last night. Got everything working and it's a lot snappier than it was using Windows XP.

The wireless was not working but we got it on the network and windows updates found the right driver. Now everything appears to be working well.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Dan

Did windows 7 have everything that laptop needed to run like vidio cards and battery power, DVD player and so on?

Did the windows 7 have a "formate and load" selection? or was the formate something you did before loading 7?

Quote Originally Posted by James Fenton View Post
    Dan

Did windows 7 have everything that laptop needed to run like vidio cards and battery power, DVD player and so on?

Did the windows 7 have a "formate and load" selection? or was the formate something you did before loading 7?
    Not everything was on the disk but as soon as we hooked it up to the internet it found most of the drivers we needed automatically. I was a bit surprised in this case considering the hardware.

So far I have had good luck with Windows 7 on older systems. These same systems would not run Vista yet windows 7 works as good or better than Windows XP.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect