Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Brown View Post
    Just a heads-up regarding Sager laptops, at least the NP8760 model.

I purchased the laptop in October 2009, and by March 2010 the battery had bulged and was no longer functional. Since I was out of the USA at the time I waited until late May to return the battery to Sager. They confirmed the battery had failed and sent me a new battery. They also suggested that it might be the charging circuit that caused the battery to fail, but before I sent in the laptop, we would try a new battery. Well, the second battery has failed - a strong indicator that the problem really was the charging circuit. Unfortunately for me, it failed outside the year warranty period.

Sager's response to my problem didn't even address the charging circuit as a potential failure, I quote:
    "Hi Barton, unfortunately, the battery failed after the manufacturer warranty has expired. At this point, your option is to order an new battery.

Sorry about that."

I'll keep pushing on this but wanted to warn potential buyers that there could be a design/manufacturing problem with some of the Sager laptops, and that Sager's response to an ongoing warranty issue leaves a lot of room for improvement.

Clearly, this is the last Sager laptop I'm going to own.
    Too bad your battery failed after the 1 year period. My brother has a sager, dont know the model though, and he had a charging circuit issue. Was covered within the 1 year and been taken care of.