Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1217 View Post
    I'd like to hear how your Cyberpower is doing in a few months. You're probably luckier than I was.

...... After a few months my power supply pooped out so I put another one in. It pooped out again after another couple of months ......

The casing I got is just plain cheap. I mean like made out of tin cheap. .....
    Pat
    Pat,

I had read before about power supply issues. Keeping that in mind, I went with a bigger 800watt unit. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed....but if it goes at some point, I dont mind swapping it.

As for the case, I went with a highly reviewed gaming Azza Hurrican case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-010-_-Product

I am really impressed with the quality. This thing is built like a tank and has 8 built in fans and is super quiet.

I am far from an expert, but in making my selections what I did was search most of the components on Newegg or the web for reviews. This also prompted me to switch to a different motherboard then the one they specd.

Overall, I must say I am pretty happy (so far)....but my word of warning is they will build any order you send them....good or bad. In the shopping process, I tried to call tech support to get some advice on a few things, and they really did not seem to be in the business of offering advice. I then had to dive in and learn a little, and ask some questions of some of my friends kids .
    www.visualdesignanddrafting.com

X3 on Win 7
    Asus Sabertooth X58
    Intel Core i7-950 10% overclock
    12gb DDR3 1600mhz
    GTX 470 1.2gb
    Logitech G13 programmable keyboard.
    X8 Sidewinder mouse
    Designjet 650C