Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jbt View Post
    I just ordered a pc built to my specs from Cyberpower PC.
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

In reading their reviews it seems there were a mixed bag of reviews. Overall were good but some complained of less then perfect QC. I figured that I knew enough to fix something should it not be perfect.

In the end, I got a deal that no other site could come within $300 of. The computer got here faster then expected, everything installed right and the insides looked put together well.

I had them do a mild overclock on it for $20which turned my i7 950 into the equivalent 960 (which is a $250 jump in processor cost). I went with an upgraded liquid cooler though ($30)

They offered a free upgrade of 1333 memory to 1600.

I just missed a GREAT special which is running now. They are offering a free upgrade to a GTX480 from a Gtx470. (I got the 470) Again this is (again a $200value)

Long story short...I got a VERY fast PC built well shipped for $1500. (monitor not incl)

I am running a 24 and a 17 both off the GTX470 with no issues what so ever.

I did have one issue. The logitech cordless keyboard I ordered with it quit working after the first day. I called tech support and they are shipping out a new one and told me to exchange it on the box which will have a return shipping paid label. Very good service.

Windows experience rating on the computer specs out at:
    (1.0 being lowest and 7.9 the highest possible)

Processor 7.7
    Memory 7.6
    Graphics 7.7
    Gaming Graphics 7.7
    Hard disk 5.9

I almost went with a solid state HD for a boot drive but just wanted to keep it simple for now. I have plenty of room in the case should I want to do it.

I feel overall that I got a lot of computer for the money.
    I'd like to hear how your Cyberpower is doing in a few months. You're probably luckier than I was.

Looks like you got a great deal. I didn't fare so well. My CyberPower was $1300.00 for Windows 7 Pro, i7 920 GHZ, 6GB Ram, 64 bit, Nvideo GeForce GTS 250. I could use a better graphics card and I need more ram. I got it Jan 2010.

The problem I had with my Cyberpower was in the first 3 months. After a few months my power supply pooped out so I put another one in. It pooped out again after another couple of months so I upgraded to a bigger power supply but it didn't come with screws. Come to find out, they send refurbished replacements instead of new.

The casing I got is just plain cheap. I mean like made out of tin cheap. The power ports feel like they are made out of heavy aluminum foil when I stick in a usb plug.

I don't know much about computers so you have the upper hand if something goes wrong.

Pat
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Pat1217 View Post
    I'd like to hear how your Cyberpower is doing in a few months. You're probably luckier than I was.

...... After a few months my power supply pooped out so I put another one in. It pooped out again after another couple of months ......

The casing I got is just plain cheap. I mean like made out of tin cheap. .....
    Pat
    Pat,

I had read before about power supply issues. Keeping that in mind, I went with a bigger 800watt unit. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed....but if it goes at some point, I dont mind swapping it.

As for the case, I went with a highly reviewed gaming Azza Hurrican case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-010-_-Product

I am really impressed with the quality. This thing is built like a tank and has 8 built in fans and is super quiet.

I am far from an expert, but in making my selections what I did was search most of the components on Newegg or the web for reviews. This also prompted me to switch to a different motherboard then the one they specd.

Overall, I must say I am pretty happy (so far)....but my word of warning is they will build any order you send them....good or bad. In the shopping process, I tried to call tech support to get some advice on a few things, and they really did not seem to be in the business of offering advice. I then had to dive in and learn a little, and ask some questions of some of my friends kids .
    www.visualdesignanddrafting.com

X3 on Win 7
    Asus Sabertooth X58
    Intel Core i7-950 10% overclock
    12gb DDR3 1600mhz
    GTX 470 1.2gb
    Logitech G13 programmable keyboard.
    X8 Sidewinder mouse
    Designjet 650C