Thread: Line end caps

Question Line end caps

Hello,

I am new to Chief Architect, and have tried hard to learn as much about the program prior to posting any questions in these forums. However, I have been disappointed in the way line ends are handled in CA, and after searching through past posts it doesn't seem that the program has a good solution to this problem.

Apparently, if I show "line weights" then my "end cap" size is ignored, and I can end up with spaces at ends of dashed lines. I don't like this look at all. I thought I had found a work around by using arrows at both ends that appear as a simple line instead of an arrow. There is such an arrowhead in the list. Unfortunately, no arrow appears, and neither does the anticipated 6" long line I expected for the 6" flat arrowhead that I setup.

If I choose any of the other arrowheads I can get a 6" long arrow, but I suppose the flat one is really nothing at all. Is there a way to create a new arrowhead to do what I want? Or, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_K View Post
    Hello,

I am new to Chief Architect, and have tried hard to learn as much about the program prior to posting any questions in these forums. However, I have been disappointed in the way line ends are handled in CA, and after searching through past posts it doesn't seem that the program has a good solution to this problem.

Apparently, if I show "line weights" then my "end cap" size is ignored, and I can end up with spaces at ends of dashed lines. I don't like this look at all. I thought I had found a work around by using arrows at both ends that appear as a simple line instead of an arrow. There is such an arrowhead in the list. Unfortunately, no arrow appears, and neither does the anticipated 6" long line I expected for the 6" flat arrowhead that I setup.

If I choose any of the other arrowheads I can get a 6" long arrow, but I suppose the flat one is really nothing at all. Is there a way to create a new arrowhead to do what I want? Or, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Keith
    Yea thats really annoying. What I do it just draw a solid line over it with the same line weight, then move it into position. Slightly more work, but nothing else can be done.

Keith,

I'm in the same boat as you are.

We had a rather lengthy discussion on it in a prior thread:
    http://chieftalk.com/showthread.php?...ght=line+types

I don't know if any of the suggestions posted there might help you or not, but this is
    the best that we can do.

Maybe CA has something in the pipes to make the line types turn out a bit nicer.
    Jonathan

The flat arrow head is simply no arrowhead.