Altering the room height default

Obviosly I missed something long ago.
    I'm trying to figure out how to redefine the room height DEFAULT specification.
    I know under the framing tools we can define the defaults for floors, ceilings etc but where is the control to change the room height defaults?
    Thanks~

Strike that question, I found the answer in the default settings under "floor" of all places.
    Now I’m wondering why it isn't labeled the same as the dialogue box it appears in... There are too many variances in this program at times.
    That is to say when you double click and open a room, a "Room Specification" box appears. The room height is displayed under the general tab yet when you search for the setting under the default settings tool you have to select "floor" to find the default version of the general tab in the room specification dialogue.
    It would be nice to streamline the lingo from one sub application to the other keeping with the same named references. Much confusion could be avoided and practical thought could prevail with far less maze work (down time).

the floor default applies to EVERY room on that floor, that's why it's in the floor defaults dbx

the room dbx only sets the height for that individual room

caution: chief will revert to the floor default if the room definition is lost or when new rooms are created

I do a "perspective full overview" camera to verify that the rooms heights are as needed, if the roof hasn't been created yet

Otherwise I do a "persepective floor overview" camera

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

That makes sense Lew,

I very seldom need to use such options as many floors in my plans are variable from room to room but from time to time I'll get repetition in a plan then have to alter things to avoid constant custom specifications. So my memory of the program gets a bit rusty now and then when shifting gears.
    This time... lots of fun going on here, I'm using shipping containers in the plan and was getting annoyed with calling out each containers definition, again and again.

Atop that, there’s conventional mixed in with it so there are some challenges regarding hinderances with the automation envelope in Chief. I'll get it worked out though.

Thanks
    Last edited by tradewinds63; 11-11-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Adding thanks.

select a room with desired settings

select the select same tool and flag the desired settings to be applied to the other rooms

select the load same tool and then click each room to be changed

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)