Center of doorway??

I know in the CAD tools there is a tool that locates the middle of a doorway. My question is, when Im copying a certain cad line to line up on both sides of the doorway (to show in 2d that you can pass through) is there a way to find the center when your copying the first line?

For some reason when I make the copy it doesnt find the center. Then usually what happens is I dont center it and then I have to manually go back and shorten one end and lengthen the other. This is normally no big deal but when you have 20 of those to do this takes up time.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance!

PS. HAPPY FRIDAY!
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5

What do you want the finished look to be? This makes a difference in how I would approach this.

Can you post image?

Katy

Katy,

Thanks for answering.

I actually just want to find the exact middle of the doorway when I make the copy and paste it so that the cad lines show correctly in 2d that there is an archway. When I get back to my design computer I will try and get a pic if this isnt making any sense.
    Chad Cardin

Katy,

I was trying to post a pic then I realized I dont really have one, so I should be clearer on my question...

When Im copying a cad line, how do I find the middle of a doorway when pasting the line?

I noticed that the locator tools, for cad, only work when working directly with the line tools, not when your copying a cad line.
    Chad Cardin