Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pat!

I knew I should have asked the interior expect... YES! I was looking at using the double paneling under millwork in chiefs library. Which one are you using or are you using a custom cabinet door??

Tell me more!!
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin View Post
    Pat!

I knew I should have asked the interior expect... YES! I was looking at using the double paneling under millwork in chiefs library. Which one are you using or are you using a custom cabinet door??

Tell me more!!
    Chad,
    The pic of the wainscot is just a plain ole spray on material but it can look pretty good.
    I have more so if you're interested, I'll gather them up and post it to my website.
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

Wow what a surprise! It does look real! Yeah I will take a look at the materials cool!

I wonder if chief plans on making it easier to use the wainscoting they currently have? The thing I like about the current wainscoting is that its as customizable as cabinets in that you can choose whatever face, texture and color you like. If there is an easier way to use it, I would love to learn how!

In the meantime the texture looks great!
    Chad Cardin

Chad,
    Ok, I have a variety of wainscoting panels to choose from on my website. The file size is small but it does the job. Click on the pic and right click to save.

Go to www.3d-diva.com and click on Free Seamless Textures and you'll see 2 ways to get to the page...either click on the Fabric/Wallcoverings and Panels in the Categories bar at the top of the page or just look for the panel in the picture list and click on the link below it.

Hope it will work for you.

Pat
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

Chad

Lots of answers try this (its a cabinet)

Frank
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pat,

Thanks I will take a look at your website textures!

Frank,

I tried to click on the file but it chieftalk wasnt allowing for it to download??? I will try again later. Thanks for the advice!
    Chad Cardin

Did this with cabinets, set them to 1" deep and took off everything but the doors. Works really well I think.

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wainscott.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	34580  
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

Andy,

I know Im getting inventive on how to do all this. Was wondering if you used one cabinet and then clicked on double or triple or if you used individual pieces to get them sized that way??
    Chad Cardin

Ok heres my latest attempt at finding what I want. I customized the paneled wainscoting to the panels out of the chief cabinet doors. Then I put two panels side by side and turned them into a molding through the 3d symbol maker.

I tried having the molding at the bottom and at the top but the problem with that is the moldings wrapped and caused large spaces between the panels... that didnt work.

Then I decided I could use a base molding through the dbx lets say 6", then use this molding in the picture as a "chair rail molding" and use a crown molding and low it to cap the top of this molding. Then if I wanted a crown molding I had to go and do a molding polyline and adjust it.

So yes all that just for wainscoting. Now my only problem is the panels are missing beneath the windows. It seemed that the chair molding was the only choice out of the three in the DBX (crown, chair, base) that would cut the spaces out for doors and windows. The other two just ran straight across all doors and windows.

So thats the only part now that is missing is beneath the windows, I guess I could manually apply those. Im really hoping a chief expert from corporate will chime in here and give us a secret recipe for a really easy way to make these work!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair Molding.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	34581  
    Chad Cardin

Chad,

Sorry try this.

Frank

Wainscot "Cabinet"

Chad,

Another "cabinet" as Wainscot. Let me know if these shed some light on the issue.

Frank