No Zoom Tools in Perspective Full-Overview?

1)Why are the zoom tools etc "greyed out" and inaccessible when in perspective full overview? Seems like they'd be available for use in all views. There seems to be a "back & forth" thing happening between version upgrades as to what's deemed necessary by Chief regarding 3d manipulation and viewing tools. Here today, gone tomorrow & back again (Chief giveth and Cheif taketh away).

2)Why does the framing-floor layer have to be turned on in order to display wood posts in 3d & cross-section views ? Wouldn't it be more logically displayed with the framing-wall layer? I imagine this has been questioned previously.-BRad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Bradley:

The zoom tools work for me in perspective full overview!

Regarding your 2nd question, it is because CA has made the default layer for posts to be in the Framing, Floor layer. You do have the option of putting any posts in your plan on a different layer if you so choose.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Brad, have you tried the I and O keys? (In and Out.)
    Adam Gibson, CKD, CBD
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Chief X6

I use a scrolly-mouse.
    Jason McQueen

mcqueenj1977 @yahoo.com --- PO Box 248, Bovey MN 55709
    CA X1 -&- Artlantis Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    Bradley:

Regarding your 2nd question, it is because CA has made the default layer for posts to be in the Framing, Floor layer. You do have the option of putting any posts in your plan on a different layer if you so choose.
    Curtis,
    the zoom child icons are active (not greyed out) when I'm using the "orthographic view" tool set but not in the "perspective view" tool set. When using the "perspective view" tool set the 6 zoom related tools are "greyed out" and non-functional.

I'm questioning the logig of having that functionality when in orthographic view mode but not having that ability when in perspective views. What's the logic for having to think differently and flip-flopping of different tools for moving about different types of 3d views?

Plus the perspective gets screwy looking when you zoom in and out using the middle scroll wheel.

Regards,
    Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    Bradley:

Curtis,

I just found the error of my ways on this one. Preferences/Render-uncheck "Zoom Using Field of View". With that unchecked I now have full use of my Zoom tools. If you put a check in that box, those tools are greyed out when using the perspective camera.-Brad

Quote Originally Posted by alobartn View Post
    Brad, have you tried the I and O keys? (In and Out.)
    Adam, I figured out my problem and also started using my "scrolly mouse-pan button" (thanks for the reminder Mr McQueen). See my post #6.

Nice logo in your avatar.-Brad