Missing Frieze - Where did it go?

Does anyone have any ideas why the frieze disappeared on part of this gable end?

It was there when I first created it, but it seems to have disappeared after editing some interior partitions. (I guess I may have edited the exterior also...)

It coincides with a place where an interior partition meets the exterior wall.

Thanks for the help.
    K
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Friezeless.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	34221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Friezeless delete surfaces.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	34223  
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook

OK - I just answered my own question. Voo-doo is the solution.

I deleted the interior wall then opened the roof dbox and changed the dimension of the frieze. Chief recreated the entire frieze at the new size. I then opened the dbox again and set it back to the original size and recreated the interior wall.
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook

In your original post & image, was the part of the gable wall that wouldn't display the frieze an attic wall?
    Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by ebdesign
    In your original post & image, was the part of the gable wall that wouldn't display the frieze an attic wall?
    Jim
    Hi Jim
    I’ve been having this problem,,,, auto frieze will not display on attic walls,,, is that it?

I wish the Chief folks would do a little more work on frieze boards,,, right now it’s a one size fits all,,, I’ve been selecting all the eave frieze, unchecking auto, then regenerate a different size to accommodate the gable,,, selecting them,,, uncheck auto,,,, then remove the molding profile from the roof d box.
    This is a major pain, especially if the plan changes.

Tell me I’m wrong,,, please, Ray
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/

They should generate fine on attic walls.

Don't bother with the unchecking auto and regenerating. Just use the original polyline and change the eave side or gable ends.

The same poly line can have different moldings, heights etc on each line segment.

Ray,
    I thought that was the problem; no room definition in the area behind the kneewall; but, when I tried it here, it worked. So............I dunno.
    I think freize moldings were easier to work w/ in vX1.
    One thing I do after I've dinked around w/ the freize long enough, is deselect "automatic freize" in the line dbx. When you do that, chief removes it from the "Roofs, Freize Moldings" layer & it puts on the "Moldings" layer. (I always put it back to the proper layer.) It's now just any old 3D molding polyline & Chief won't rebuild it.
    I also remove the freize molding from the roof defaults, so Chief doesn't build another freize molding over the one you've "saved".

Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by ebdesign
    Ray,
    I thought that was the problem; no room definition in the area behind the kneewall; but, when I tried it here, it worked. So............I dunno.
    I think freize moldings were easier to work w/ in vX1.
    One thing I do after I've dinked around w/ the freize long enough, is deselect "automatic freize" in the line dbx. When you do that, chief removes it from the "Roofs, Freize Moldings" layer & it puts on the "Moldings" layer. (I always put it back to the proper layer.) It's now just any old 3D molding polyline & Chief won't rebuild it.
    I also remove the freize molding from the roof defaults, so Chief doesn't build another freize molding over the one you've "saved".

Jim
    Hi Jim
    Yes,,, same here.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to tell each roof section (line) what the freize looked like associated with each edge of the roof p line. Sometimes I think it was quicker in 9.5 manually placing them.
    Well,,,,,,,,, maybe not, but less head scratching.

Thanks, Ray
    X5
    Ray Castano, CAPS, CGP
    Ray@PlansThatWork.com
    God Bless America
    http://www.plansthatwork.com/

I have problems with frieze by partial attics also
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

I sometimes have this problem too but it seems to happen on the side of the gable where another roof plane butts to it. I wind up just placing it maually. Sometimes it works just fine.
    Ray, I like it sooo much better in X2 than previous versions mainly because in X2, you can apply a frieze to an individual roof plane after the roof has been built. In previous versions, to use the frieze tool, you had to do it when automatically building the roof. This was a major plus for me. Also, the frieze boards in X2 seem to make a much better transition when wrapping around a wall and going up the gable side.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

I use the "storage" room type as an alternate "attic", because I don't have the patience to fix friezes. Then, instead of using Living Area, I use a customized Room Finish Schedule to get my area tally - just uncheck "storage"
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)