raytrace question

When I try to raytrace a view, a message appears that says "the raytrace view will not be the same as the render view...." can someone please tell me about this?
    current CA version X3

Do the ray trace and then compare the open GL and the finished POV Ray and that will be your answer.
    The message is merely stating the obvious and seems to me unnecessary but I do not write the code.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Quote Originally Posted by peterbrown
    When I try to raytrace a view, a message appears that says "the raytrace view will not be the same as the render view...." can someone please tell me about this?
    You moved the camera with your mouse. It doesn't like that anymore. It's a pain in the bee-hind. Place your camera and use your arrow keys on your keyboard or use "edit camera" or use (I) for IN (O) for OUT (B) for Back etc. You can use the orbit, pan, zoom and tilt icon but as soon as you move the camera around with your mouse, you're going to get that message. I absolutely hate that feature.

Pat
    x4
    SNEAK PEAK-service will be available soon. http://www.3d-diva.com/page1_360panorama.html

FREE TEXTURES available and rendering information at: www.3D-Diva.com

Fort Worth Texas

Kalispell, MT...near Glacier National Park
    In case someone looks to this thread with the same question and looking for a clear answer... The message pops up when you have the settings in your POV-RAY set to "640x480" as your ending window size. If you check the box "Use Current Window Size", you will not get that pop-up.

The message IS helpful. If your camera view is an unusual dimension, the POV-RAY rendered output will cut off the sides or top to fit a 640x480 shape.
    Greg Griffin
    Mission Builders, International
    Kalispell, MT

X4 on Win7 x64
    (Chief User since 1.0 - i7 6-Core Q3930 (3.2Ghz x 12), Win 7 x64, 500GB SATA3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX570 SLI and no heater needed for the room in winter time)

It doesn't have anything to do with output size. It has do do with how you have zoomed in and out and moved the view around.

By the way CA, I don't like it. I like having unlimited zoom now in a render view, but I wish I could raytrace still as it appears on the screen.

I just found a workaround that let's you have it all. Start out in vector mode first, then switch to render mode. Now you zoom and pan to your heart's content and the raytrace window will still be the same.

Yippeee!!!