Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok, so I have managed to print a sample layout from X2 and it works fine, but the layout file for my plan doesn't want to print. The plan file is a legacy X1 file, but the layout file was new in X2.

I noticed that the original X1 file (which I saved) is only about 2.8mb, while the X2 file that I have worked on since is around 12mb. I converted the X1 file to X2 and saved it with no changes, and it is now 4mb., which makes sense with some of the new features in X2. 12mb seems a little fat, though.
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

Ok, I'm printing now, and I figured out the problem. I sent the drawing to layout using 1/8 scale, so it would fit on 11x17. But I needed to rotate the layout box for the drawing to fit, as it has a large garage that extends at a 30 degree angle from one side. The drawing fit, but the layout box was off the page. I rotated the plan 30 degrees and sent to layout, and now the layout box and plan are both within the layout margins.

IMHO, this should not cause the problem. I have drawn cad objects on layout pages where they overlap not only the margin, but the page borders. there has never been any problem printing them. (I don't do this as standard practice, but I just wanted to test it once.)
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.