Dimensions & Layout

There still seems to be a problem with dimensions apperaing and disappearing on layout pages. When you have cad lines dimensioned and they appear on two different layout pages they must be turned on on both pages or they will not show on either one. You should be able to select which items show on which page and it should have nothing to do with another page.

It also happends on the same page which is understandable to some degree, but still a real pain.

ART...is this a BUG...Can it pleased be fixed. You almost are forced to run two different plot runs to get the items on the right page. Not very production oriented !

Thanks for checking on it for us.

Craig

------------------
    Craig Meyer , A.I.B.D.
    http://www.cyberstreet.com/clmeyer/index.html

Craig,

I had a weird one tonight (one instance only) of manually , with cad lines, dimensioned plans (in order to get rid of the fractions, thank you very much Dermott, hint, hint) excuse me I digress.....
    Anyway on screen I had one dimension that showed clearly "6'6" but when I printed the page it printed "6'5 15/16" " ( Man was I HOT after tediously-manually setting those to have my plot ruined-sorry), I checked the layout page and it was right, then checked the plan view and it was right. I opened the DBX for that dimension and, that's right boys and girls, it said "6'5 15/16" which I changed to 6'6" and then all was OK. So far this has only happened this one time, I hope it is not a trend.

Thank you for your forbearance to my nattering.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

I am sorry Craig, I had my panties in such a "bunch" that I did not comment on your thread. Yes I have observed what you have posted but for me it is very seldom in occurance but no less annoying, Sorry old chap.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

David,
    Thanks for sharing that with me.(us) Always like to know when someone has their panties in a wad !

No...seriously, it is good to know about these little glitches so we can look for them on final plot. One assumes that what you have on the screen is what comes out on the plot....I have a habit of only looking to see if line weights are set correctly on final plot but don't rutienly review dimensions. NOT ANYMORE ! ! !

Thanks

Craig

Habits, our own habits, is a "bug" that is hard for ART to address. Wheither it is a habit of not reading the manual, read me files or documentation or mental blindness. My own blindness with eyes wide-open is my own worst impediment. I am not speaking to you Craig I am merely being retorical to the forum.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter