Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PTV
    Rusty,

Thank you so very much for all your help. I am slowly getting the picture.

Can you please confirm that all you did in the plan you attached was changing the Ceiling Height of the Living Room on the first floor and then changed the Floor to Top dimension for the 2nd floor windows?

Did you made any other changes?

It looks like it is working okay. I just want to make sure I understand this so I don't run into something else in my working model; which is little more complicated than the plan I posted here.
    The ridge of the roof was at 143-1/16" I think. so I tried to make the ceiling height below the same. CA didn't like that so I put it at 143" and then she was happy. Going slightly higher also worked. I think it had to do with the 0 height floor system so it wouldn't accept the same value.

Then I adjusted the window heights in the celestory. That's it.

Another way to do it is skip the room above and just draw walls & roof planes in the attic. It's all manual but without the room definition attached, it never moves on you.

PTV is offline Registered User Promoted

Thumbs up Almost There

Thanks Rusty, I owe you big time.

I started over to try this out. I was not able to replicate the wall protrusion on the outside, but there is a small recess in the interior wall now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combo04.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	32010  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Selling my X2 License.
    If interested, send me a Private Message.

Kind regards,
    Radek

Chad:

Did you get things sorted out?
    Selling my X2 License.

Kind regards,
    Radek

Well I can still see the wood on the ceiling. Is that combo attachment a solution file? I wanted to wait and see what kinds of solutions you guys were working on before delving into my own further exploration because you guys seemed like you knew what you were doing!
    Chad Cardin
    MEMBER SINCE V9... NOW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin
    Well I can still see the wood on the ceiling. Is that combo attachment a solution file? I wanted to wait and see what kinds of solutions you guys were working on before delving into my own further exploration because you guys seemed like you knew what you were doing!
    Sometimes its quicker to use a work around than waste your precious time working out why chief does/is doing, some odd things. In this case can you turn the framing layers off (wood in the ceiling as you say), generate the 3d so it looks good for the purpose of showing the client what it will look like.
    You can waste a Heep of time chasing your tail on these issues when mostly you simply want an effective result to show your client.
    But if you want to understand and solve it feel free to carry on with all the good advice being posted!

Btw: couple of simple things to try!
    Small recess:Try grabbing the offending wall and resnap it or using the "fix walls connections" tool or rebuild tool F12.
    Ceiling: you could drop the ceiling height in the room fractionally to hide the framing.
    Otherwise accept it as a quirk and get the job out so you can get the bill out LOL!!
    Just my 2c Cheers!
    Regards Rick
    Building Design & Construction Ltd
    Auckland-New Zealand
    09 5357798

Chief X4-Vista Business

Core i7 920 2.67GHz o/c to 3.6GHz
    Asus P6T DDR3 1333MHz
    Patriot Viper 6gig DDR3-2000
    2 x GTX275 896mb PCI-e

Thanks Rick good advise I will give a try to all your options!!
    Chad Cardin

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cardin
    The combo file is just a sample plan file that I made to show the problem and Rusty made changes to.

Would you like to ZIP and post the plan you have troubles with? I would take a look and see if I can see what is wrong with it.
    Selling my X2 License.

Kind regards,
    Radek

Radek,
    Thanks for the offer, but before I have you spend more time on this crazy making I think Im going to try four or five of the options people have given me to see if that helps any. I also liked the easiest of all of them which is turn the layer off for framing! The only thing is if you have a house with that style ceiling and then you also have exposed rafters that wont work! HAHA!
    Thanks for offering I will let you know if I come up with anything!

Im glad your file is at least taken care of!
    Chad Cardin

Chad,

Make a roof framing 3d layer. I use it to put exposed rafters and beams on and turn off the default roof framing layer in most camera views.

Cool thanks for that idea, I didnt think of that one. I usually dont play with the layers too much so I wasnt thinking outside the box!
    Chad Cardin