z fighting issue or flicker

I'm not really sure whats going on here or how to even search the forums for the answer to this problem. I have a room that has a blue carpet. I then tried to change the floor to just have a solid yellow color. then the floor not only had the solid yellow color but also the blue carpet and began to flicker. so next I went into 3d view and tried using the paint tool to paint the floor yellow and now the carpet is tinted yellow and still flickering with the solid yellow that is applied as well. Any ideas?
    today is the tomarrow we worried about yesterday

Which version of Chief ???

How did you apply the blue, the yellow ???

Try opening the room dbx - materials tab and set the floor covering to "use default" material then save the plan, close chief and then try assigning the yellow material

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

never mind. I figured it out. It seems that it was some weird glitch were chief saw two floors in the same area. I have a room inside of a larger room with no walls from the inside room touching the outer room walls and this seemed to confuse chief as soon as I drew in an invisible wall that went from the inside room to the outer perimeter it fixed the issue.
    today is the tomarrow we worried about yesterday