Hybrid View

Kitchen island help

Hi guys,

I’ve got a bit of a problem... a customer is asking us to build a kitchen island (sink to one side and breakfast bar to the other). My problem is that I don’t really know how to make the granite surface to overhang over the bar. If I try to stretch the granite surface, the cupboard gets stretched as well....

Please advise what to do!!! I've attached a pic of a similar design to illustrate the point. By the way I use Chief Arch X1.
    Please help me oh wise and kind people im really stuck!
    Many thanks xxx
    Alia
    Help Is Always Needed

Is the help you need building the top or making the material look right?
    Use the custom c top tools to build the top.
    Joel Glanton
    V 10 Full

Custom Counter Top (It's in with the cabinet buttons)
    It's a slab that behaves according to the cabinet height and, if drawn properly, replaces the auto generated counter top that comes with the cabinet base.

Set your cabinets to make the island.
    Then draw a custom counter top. Size and shape is as needed. Change its materials as you like.
    Mike
    X3

The custom countertops are a lot better than the default ones. I actually have my default cabinets in X1 set at 34.5" tall with the countertops turned off. Then I draw in all my own countertops, so I have the countertop line in plan view and have more control of overhangs, shape, etc. This is how you can solve that problem.
    Mike Hall
    Regarding Kitchens Inc.
    Version X1

Those of you still in X1 should note that in X2 we show the countertop in plan view. Not only the custom countertop but the default countertop. You can also convert the default countertop to a custom countertop. There are also several changes that allow you to control the line styles for the countertop and cabinet boxes.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

I'll just chime in here and confirm that X2 has some very nice and time-saving improvments in this area. I am really digging them.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter