Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing floor

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park
    In this case the problem was the result of unchecking auto rebuild. If you have other cases send them into support. If auto rebuild is checked you should never need to hit f12 - in the old days, 9.5 and eariler, we wore out the f12 key.

If f12 does not correct a problem it's not likely a rebuild problem but a result of another setting or perhaps a bug. These things should be sent to support so we can get them filed.
    Your point is well taken, Dan. My point was that my F12 key sometimes fails to rebuild. I am aware of the new auto build, and I don't use it. I've been using Chief for a long enough time to know when a rebuild should change something and when it won't. It didn't work for me with Tammy's plan, after several attempts (it was, in fact, the first thing I tried)... and then it worked on my last try (after I read your first post). I've seen this happen in many plans, in many versions, on several different computers. I doubt that I could send a plan that illustrates the problem consistently. I don't even know if Chief is really to blame, or if there is some other software conflict going on. Given that certain other key commands may also get confused and stop working at certain times (F7 for example), I tend to think that there's a problem somewhere in Chief.
    Last edited by WHirsch; 03-06-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    Warren Hirsch

Quote Originally Posted by WHirsch
    Your point is well taken, Dan. My point was that my F12 key sometimes fails to rebuild. I am aware of the new auto build, and I don't use it. I've been using Chief for a long enough time to know when a rebuild should change something and when it won't. It didn't work for me with Tammy's plan, after several attempts (it was, in fact, the first thing I tried)... and then it worked on my last try (after I read your first post). I've seen this happen in many plans, in many versions, on several different computers. I doubt that I could send a plan that illustrates the problem consistently. I don't even know if Chief is really to blame, or if there is some other software conflict going on. Given that certain other key commands may also get confused and stop working at certain times (F7 for example), I tend to think that there's a problem somewhere in Chief.
    I have run into systems where the f12 key was worn out - haven't seen that for a while though. If you get a reproducible set of steps let us know so we can get it fixed.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park
    I have run into systems where the f12 key was worn out - haven't seen that for a while though. If you get a reproducible set of steps let us know so we can get it fixed.
    Sure will, if I ever do figure out the cause!
    Warren Hirsch

Dan,
    Thank you. I missed that setting change.

All seams fine now.

Tammy
    Tammy Apostolis
    TJD Designs, Inc.

Chiefer since V6
    X2 & X3
    Windows7 64-bit
    Dual 768MB 8800 GTX video cards (in SLI) with dual monitors

I have a "F-lock" key on my keyboard that I sometimes forget to enable. Usually I catch it pretty quick but occasionally I will have worked a while before I realize it.
    Jim
    Thanks, Jim

www.eastbaydesign.net
    East Bay Design, Inc