Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Roo,

I turned color on in Layout view and walls filled OK. No fill before that. Maybe X-1 has color turned off by default and CA10 on by default and that's the difference you're seeing?
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

no no.. I can turn colour on.. and see colour.. but with colour turned off.. (ie.. black and white).. it should (or at least did in CA10) show a solid wall... not just a outline.
    in CA10 I could send a plan to layout, and even though it was in black and white.. it had solid walls.. Yet in X1.. doing the same thing gives me just a outline.
    We Were Not Given Dreams... Without Also Being Given The Ability To Achieve Them.

Roo:

Send it to tech support ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by RooMeat
    no no.. I can turn colour on.. and see colour.. but with colour turned off.. (ie.. black and white).. it should (or at least did in CA10) show a solid wall... not just a outline.
    in CA10 I could send a plan to layout, and even though it was in black and white.. it had solid walls.. Yet in X1.. doing the same thing gives me just a outline.
    Aha!

I have no inside knowledge - just guessing - but my guess is that they did change this, that they were getting complaints about black walls where things were not black in plan.

I guess if you want black, you could define your walls to have dark grey or black fill.

I can see where that will be a wee nuisance. You could make a solid argument for this being a "lost function" and report it as such.
    Wendy Lee Welton
    Lic: NH, ME, NY, MA, NCARB

603-431-9559

www.artformarchitecture.com
    www.artformhomeplans.com

I wrote code in 1984 to make my Sinclair 100 - so I used to be a programmer! So I can say with authority how easy it is to program Chief features! ;-)

OK.. Well after tearing what is left of my hair out (which isn't much lmao)
    I found the solution.
    I imported my walls and layers from CA10 and not sure if that had anything to do with it but...
    When I opened up the wall dbx and selected the fill style for the wall, I could see a solid colour, and the drop down list had Solid selected, so at first glance all appeared as it should.. BUT...
    The 3 selectors below were all unchecked. I put a check in Fill/Pattern Color and hey presto... I now have solid walls... EVEN WITH COLOR TURNED OFF!!!!

I hope this might help others.. as when I searched the forums I found many looking for the same answer.. but none with success
    We Were Not Given Dreams... Without Also Being Given The Ability To Achieve Them.