Allm is offline Registered User Promoted

Dimension setup in metric X2

I've got multiple confusions here, this doesn't seen right.

In metric plans, fractions of mm are not required, so the defaults should be set to show 0 decimal points

If dimensions defaults are set to show 0 decimal points then CA rounds off the number to the nearest 10 rather than the nearest 1

EG: if the distance is 5455 (Side A) and the defaults are set to 0 decimal point, CA rounds the number off to 5450 or 5460 when it should show 5455 (the full number) as does the Rooms, Interior Dimensions label (only it doesn't get it quiet right either)

CA changed/fixed the Rooms, Interior Dimensions default setup with the new patch, but it still measures to the wall lining (shouldn't it measure to the wall frame?) in my case I have 10mm wall linings, so CA should show the room 5435x5755 allowing 20mm for the linings, instead CA measures 5437x5757 allowing 18mm for the lining

The temporary dimensions defaults don't work, I have mine setup to locate the wall dimension layer, the same settings as auto and manual, but the temp dimensions still goes to the wall surface (temp dimension on Side B) the temp dimensions also get it wrong (again), the surface layers are set to 15mm - CA is measuring them as 20mm

Has anyone else experienced this? or am I just confused?

Ken Dyckhoff
    CA X2 Build:12.0.22.125 metric
    CA X2 Build:12.1.2.19 metric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dimensions.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	29553  

Hi Ken.. Yes, you are confused .. metric is working fine in X2.

I'll email you a copy of my own profile plan abit later today that has settings that work correctly... you can then compare it with your own and adjust your own profile plan accordingly.. or use mine.
    Ian Hughes
    Australian Chief Architect Dealer

Chief Australia Software
    PO Box 700
    Victoria Park, 6979
    Western Australia

Ph: 1300 134 870
    (just the cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia)

Email: ian@chiefaustralia.com.au
    Web Site: www.chiefaustralia.com.au

Ian:

Could you send me a copy also as I am working on a Chalet in France, we are currently working in X1 but may need to switch to X2 ???

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)