Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok Thankyou very much. I will have a look.
    Kelly
    Wainfleet, Ontario,Canada

Jules is offline Registered User Promoted
    In Victoria.....gearing up to be an uber user (the dream) har har Haven't purchased the full program yet for x2.....just been using the trial version....what is the average learning curve like in terms of hours invested? This software seems to hit the mark for what I'm gearing up for. Love interior design, landscapes and home design. I have a fairly sound knowledge of the construction trade and figure I'll fake it till I make it

The learning curve is never ending

however, within a few weeks you can be productive and create a model and a permit set of docs well enough to satisfy the client and the permit office, maybe...

some climb the curve faster than others, some never climb it, your success depends on you, naturally.

get the SSA option and watch all the videos and try them and then do many over them over again and again and even repeat after years have gone by as you will see them in a different light as you gain experience and pick up tips that you missed the first time.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCanada.com
    I see Rod is here too, he is a pretty savvy user.
    I really haven't looked at this thread in a while . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    I live in Courtenay, Vancouver Island and I use the programme mainly for Timberframe and Log home design.
    Small world! My parents live in Comox, just right next door! In fact, I plan to move back to the valley this summer. I'll have to look you up when I get there.
    Last edited by sherpa_jones; 02-07-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Rod Kervin
    Kervin Home Design
    Courtenay BC
    p. 250-871-0316

If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a thousand pictures, then uploading the chief file is worth a thousand videos.

Hi there, I am from the Ottawa area using x3 for about 6months now. Anybody wants to make new contacts would be great, help each other out??? ttyl

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Smith View Post
    Hi,

I'm a full time Achitectural Designer using X1 in the Greater Victoria area in B.C. designing New Builds, Additions & Reno's. from concept to finished working drawings. Just thought I'd try to network with any other users out there as it could be mutually benificial to have these contacts. Also I'm just interested to see how many of us there are in the Van. Isld., Vancouver, and surrounding marketplace.
    I started with Chief V9.0 4 yrs. ago moving over from AutoCAD and have never looked back. Most of the time I love this program!

Have a great New Year.

Matthew H. Smith
    dba INNER VISION DESIGN
    Hi Matthew, I am Phil Thompson, newly resident in Greater Victoria. I work for a Custom Cabinetry firm. I'm brand new to CA, and hoping to use it for kitchen layouts and custom cabinetry design; mainly for sales purposes. We make cabinetry for private residential clients, designers, architects and builders. I expect to be visiting this forum a lot! ATB Phil

I am in ethiopia is there any local use i c no body

I use x2 and i use it for almost five years now i need ch a comany 2 help me in attending builders show feb 8 cus i believe that i have exploiled the software almost all and advocate of ch a in the eastern africa people in my locality say let them c ur works they wil be surprised they dont expect some body in ethiopia to be highly in touch with such a cutting edge technology only by him self they even say ur works can be part of advertisement models durng installation and for the front page of c a website. i dont now but i feel c a is in my heart always!

Am in Nairobi Kenya!

From Ottawa Valley in Ontario.

Hi

I'm from White Lake about 45 mins outside Ottawa, just made the switch from 10.5 that I bought in 2006 to X4. I have a residential drafting business that I run from my home. I absolutly love this program. If anyone could give me some advice as to how I can bring my blocks and libraries over from 10.5 and an older computer to X4, that would be fantastic.

Kendall

Hi Matthew,

I'm just starting to play around with CA after years of AutoCad. Would love to chat to you regarding your experience with it.

Thanks

John

Email: johnc1@telus.net

Hi Kendal,

Would be interested in chatting to you re CA.

Drop me a line.

John

johnc1@telus.net

Hello from coast to coast.............

Hi Matthew and all responders,

From one coast to the other (Prince Edward Island) . I design/build and have been CA customer for 15 years. Trying to get use to X3 & X4 as I was a big fan of X1 and earlier versions but have a little more issues with the way things have changed and trying to keep up..................open for discussion at any time.

Regards

Bryan Chappell

Designtech Services/DTS Inc

Watch the online videos, you will benefit greatly on using Chief X3 or X4
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Any Quebec based architects using Chief?
    Need an accredited Quebec architect or draftsman, to advance plans to the permit stage.
    Cheers - Mike

From Eastern Ontario. LOVE Chief Architect. User since 2002, now using X3
    A.M. Brunet CKD, CBD
    www.sheridaninteriors.ca