Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello Everyone, excuse me for not keeping an eye on this forum. It would be nice to get more people interested in this forum. Feel free to ask questions on anything and I and probably others will attempt to answer them. I see Rod is here too, he is a pretty savvy user.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick
    Former Oilers and Flames fan

Hey, Rob. Thanks once again for the excuse to get to the mountains. Was nice to spend some time learning more of the little tricks.
    Monte
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6
    http://www.i4homedesign.ca

Your welcome Monte. Monte was at my seminar in Banff. We always enjoy going to Banff.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick

Walls show through roof on elevation

Hello,

I am new (just over 3 wks) to Chief. I am using X1 lite currently. I have an elevation that shows the top of the walls through the plane of the roof. I don't see them in 3-D overview, etc... I had modified the front plane and thought that was the problem, but then I deleted all roof planes and re-built the entire roof and they still show through.

Wondering what I'm doing wrong.

thanks,

Chad

Chad, make sure you have the latest update. If you have rebuilt the roof planes I would guess you might have dragged a wall up in 3d.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick

Rob,

Thanks for the help. I ended up calling into Chief HQ and the gentleman asked me to delete the camera that created the elevation and then re-create. Now I don't see the walls in the elevation.

I would bet that I had "drug" on the wall in 3-D to get the siding to follow the gable during one of the several variations of the roof.

Chad

Your welcome Chad. That bug was fixed a while back In X2.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick

Good evening fellow Chiefers,
    I am delighted to see the numbers of programme users swelling in Canada. I hve been using this programme since ver. 3 and have largely had to learn on my own, other than one training session with Rob Fischer (Hi Rob). I live in Courtenay, Vancouver Island and I use the programme mainly for Timberframe and Log home design. My company has the dubious honour of having designed and buildt the southern most log home in the USA, on the southern end of the big island of Hawaii. My company also custom cuts lumber and ships it world wide.
    I have put in a lot of time with the programme and had to learn workarounds so I have good knowledge in some areas and would be happy to share. However I would like to do an advanced training course (Rob are you there?) but it would have to be on Vancouver Island.
    I know there are other Chief users on Vancouver Island but it has been some time since I met them so I have lost touch.
    Cheers.

Advanced Training

Hi Norman, as far as advanced classes go we will do them where there is enough demand. Advanced classes are structured quite differently from intermediate as we poll the attendees for topics to be investigated. We always enjoy coming to Vancouver Island.
    Rob Fisher
    X3, Win XP
    Composite Hockey Stick

new user

New user from Nova Scotia - switched from AutoCAD - looking forward to the changes!

Welcome JostArch. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

Just new maybe

Hi, I am from Wainfleet near Niagara Falls Ontario. Just thinking about getting Chief for doing kitchens, Do you think it is overkill.
    Thanks Kelly

Depends on how many kitchens you are looking at doing. Full time, or self reno?
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6

kitchens

I build about 6-8 a year

All I can say, is that I have yet to be disappointed I chose chief. You might want to look into all the versions. I think they just came out with one that might suit your needs better than the full version... but either way, definitely consider it.
    Monte Heyn
    X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6