Funny attic walls

I am working on an as built. it has a number of different ceiling hts. I drew the walls, set the room ceiling hts. I then drew the roofs manually. and set the facia hts per my actual measurements. I ended up with roofs that had no attic walls underneath in a few places. I drew walls in and of course roofs cut them off nicely. It all looked good until I selected a gable end in order to change a material. Attached is the shape of the selected wall in section view. This has got to be trouble, and I think I better stop now and ask about a remedy first. Was there a better way to generate my roofs and attic walls?

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WALL SECTION 1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	28421   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NO ROOF VIEW.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	28422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NO ROOF VIEW 2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	28423  

Delete what you don't like.
    Hit F12 to rebuild (sometimes, like when you add manual roof planes, Chief doesn't always do the "expected" building, like adding the attic walls.)
    Sometime wiggling a wall (believe it or not) will do the trick.

I usually try to have everything done before adding roof planes, especially when there are different floor/ceiling heights (as it appears to be in your photos.) It doesn't really matter, except that once the entire structure is done, then the roof planes will sit where they are supposed to (with regards to ceiling heights) just like putting a hat on your head before you go out the door.

The walls are programmed to "look for" and "Move up" or "Move down" to the roof planes. Doesn't always happens, but it should.

One thing I do, when trying to figure something out, is to save a copy of the As-Built, and then mess with that, knowing I have something to go back to if I get things too far out of line.

Mike

I will try that approach, thank you for taking the time!
    pb

You might try this.... where you have the lower plate, define that room as having the typical higher plate of the room adjacent, and then specify a dropped clg where the lower clg ht occurs.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall