Thread: Printing

Printing

just wondering if anyone can let me know why my printer will print a drawing the way i select it to and then a minute later with the same settings it will print it at a different rotational angle

anyhelp would be much appreciated

What Version of Chief? What print mode are you using, Layout or straight from the main child window?

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

im using chief architect version 7.0

and im printing on a cannon BJC - 4650 a3 printer i just need to know how i rotate the paper and also is there any manuals for chief arch over in america that may be of more use than the original manual is. thanx

Jarvis Cocker
    Melbourne , australia

sorry i meant version 5.o is the one im using

Relative to the manual for Version 5, it is on your CD rom and does not automatically install when V5 is installed, it is in Acrobat (pdf format) and is very well written. You did not answer my earlier question about "printing from a Child window (directly from Chief) or from Layout". Layout can be formatted to print in "Portrait" or "Landscape", that is why I asked that question as it is pertenant. I have no experience with your printer but knowing how Chief prints is more important.
    Install your manual, read it and see if that does not solve your problem.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas

Jarvis

This sounds like a printer setup problem and may not be something you would find in the CA manual.

If you are printing from a layout sheet the rotation setting is determined by the printer settings at the time that you created the layout. If printing from other views the rotation is determined by the current printer setting.

Mac

Nobody likes to be told to read the manual for obvious reasons. However, most Chief problems are solved best by knowing your tools: Operating System, Perefferals (especially printers/plotters and video cards) and Chief. This includes the "read-me" files for each.
    Lastly, avidly posting and reading this forum and Chief-Users@Egroups will round out a workable mastery of Chief. I have learned much from other users over the last two years, most of which I would not have learned otherwise.

------------------
    David J. Potter
    Austin, Texas
    http://members.spree.com/djpotter