Thread: PDF/PNG Problem

PDF/PNG Problem

This is likely an Acrobat problem, but since I dont have it with other pdf files, I'll bring it to this forum.

I use a .png graphic in my layout border. I use .png because it needs to be transparent and I am not smart enough to know what other format I might be able to use and still have transparency. When I import it into the layout file, it behaves as it should. However, when I print to .pdf it dissappears.

I use the same .png graphic in some word documents, and I can print the original to .pdf (as well as the word documents) with no problem. I seems only to be a problem with Chief Layout. Anyone else experiencing that and/or does anyone have a better suggestion for importing a graphic to Layout that will maintain a transparent background??
    Gary Turlington
    620 Matthews Road
    Lillington, NC 27546

www.garyturlington.com

910-893-3306

You may want to check double buffered printing. It's on the dialog when you choose to print.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

I'm having the same issue. In my case, this started happening when I migrated from Windows XP over to Vista. However, at the same time I also did fresh installs of X1 and my PDF print driver. I'm also interested to hear of any solutions. I'll try the double buffering option as well.
    Chief Architect X1