Jay82 is offline Registered User Promoted

Gable wall assistance

Hey Guys
    I know this is 101 for any roof guy out here although Im having a little issue. Just trying to do a gable end wall manually. I draw the rof planes manually, and automatically the attic wall appears in the plan view on the next floor. My problem is when I got to elevation view my attic wall is not their. Ive tried rebuilding (f12).....and nothing.

Up to this point Ive always used the automatic roof tool and it will automaticaly put in the gable end wall for you. Is their a step im missing when creating the gable wall manually.
    Im at work right now putting in time using the trial version or I would send through a pic. I have to get the actual plan done at home tonight.

Using x1

Thanks in advance

Jay

Hi Jay, you don't really draw attic walls manually. When you place a roof on a plan, chief does that automatically, on the floor above. If you cannot see it in elevation view, it might be a layer display problem. Check to make sure that the layer used in your elevation views has attic walls checked. If that's not it, I would have to look at the specific plan to figure out what it is.

Worse case scenario, if you can't figure it out, you can do a workaround by placing a line break in the top of the wall after it is selected in elevation view, and drag that break up to the roof.
    Allen Brown
    Indy Blueprints
    Residential & Commercial Designs & Drafting Service
    V8-X4, Specializing in Plan Completion, Problem solving, & Chief Architect Training.

Free Chief Architect Training Videos:
    www.IndyBlueprints.com
    Need help on a plan? Or 1 on 1 instruction? Email or call.

www.UBuildItIndy.com

Jay82 is offline Registered User Promoted
    Thanks Allen

I may post the plan If i get a second tonight, although in the mean time the work around will have to be the break wall tool. It seems to work fairly well

Jay

For some reason Chief sometimes doesn't always create attic walls. I just draw a wall on the attic level and in the wall "dbx" check attic wall. You can also check the balloon frame thru ceiling and it will create full height studs, but you cannot put an attic vent there, don't know why.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor