convert 2d to 3d symbol

Good Morning to All,

I am in need of a bit of help. I have a cabinet shop that wants me to do some drawings for them. They are using the attached corbel. I downloaded in from the company wesite as a .dxf (so far so good). This is great for elevation drawings, how would I go about getting it to a 3d view with their stain color from this 2d drawing?

Many Thanks for any help,

Edward x1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corbel sample.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	28324  
    Edward DeLong
    X4

I have done something similar using Sketchup. You can import the 2D cad and then use those lines in Sketchup as the basis for modeling it in 3D. The tough part will be the swirls. Do they at least have a photo of the real thing to go off of?

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

If the corbel is shown in 3D and color in a PDF brochure or something similar, you could use the Adobe camera tool (on the tool bar) and snap a picture of the corbel in color for inclusion in your CD's. If it is available in 3D and color, but not in a PDF document, you could use a freeware product such as MWSnap to capture the image so you will be able to use it in your plans. I don't think it is possible to create a 3D view from a 2D drawing without having a 3D symbol to work with.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard