Object selection "fill"

I think this is probably a very simple default or preferences fix but I can't find the solution. Whatever I select in plan view, particularly dimensions, "disappear" except for the move handles. I have searched the manual and threads here but can't seem to find the answer. Is this something to live with or is there a setting I can change? Thanks.
    Stephen Stuart
    Design/Sales
    Blackdog Builders, Inc.
    Salem, N.H.
    sstuart@blackdogbuilders.com
    V10.08, X1, X2 current, X3.3.2.20, X4 current, X5 current

"We wouldn't worry so much about what people think of us if we realized how little they do." credited to Oscar Wilde

Try going to preferences<appearance<colors and then change to "move color". That might take of your problem.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

The move color is black; are you saying I should change the color?
    Stephen Stuart
    Design/Sales
    Blackdog Builders, Inc.
    Salem, N.H.

"We wouldn't worry so much about what people think of us if we realized how little they do." credited to Oscar Wilde

I changed the selection fill color, which worked for everything except the dimensions. They are still disappearing when selected.
    Stephen Stuart
    Design/Sales
    Blackdog Builders, Inc.
    Salem, N.H.

Try changing your dimension default color.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks, that did it. It appears that when you select the dimension string it goes to a "negative" color; I had black assigned and they were disappearing because they were turning white. I appreciate the help.
    Stephen Stuart
    Design/Sales
    Blackdog Builders, Inc.
    Salem, N.H.