Thread: Tilted Driveway

Tilted Driveway

Hello Gays,

I have been trying to build a one floorhouse with a basement. I want the hause to be 1.5 elevated and the basement to be 2.4 meters high. Then I need to use the basement as a garage so I have been trying to build a driveway that would start at 0 elevaion but end and -0.9 meters, however, all my attempt have failed, I have only been able to build all kinds of tilted terians, but nothing I do, seams to produce a flat tarain, with a tilted down driveway.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.
    Berezin Roman.
    version - X1

Gays? hahaha
    Jintu Montego

AutoCad, Chief Architect
    I'm not on Facebook

Kalispell, MT...near Glacier National Park
    Sounds like you need to place a terrain elevation line across the entrance to the garage at the depth you want. You will more than likely also need to put in a terrain line at elevation 0 showing where the driveway begins to slope down. Lastly, you will need to put in a terrain walls on either side of the driveway to keep your surface from "caving in" around the driveway...assuming that is what you want in effect.
    Greg Griffin
    Mission Builders, International
    Kalispell, MT

X4 on Win7 x64
    (Chief User since 1.0 - i7 6-Core Q3930 (3.2Ghz x 12), Win 7 x64, 500GB SATA3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX570 SLI and no heater needed for the room in winter time)

Gays, huh? That is funny.

Once you get your terrain tight, use the road tool and it will follow. Sounds like you need a terrain region for the house, then you can use a line to slope the terrain from there.

If you're trying to cut a down-sloping driveway into a terrain, what I usually do is put a terrain hole in where you want the driveway, put walls on either side which you can manually adjust the heights of to suit the terrain and driveway, then in cross-section draw the tilted driveway as a polyline solid, and either set the thickness to the width of the driveway or just make it some random thickness you can see in plan and then you can drag it to width in plan view.

Is this roughly what you're after?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driveway to Basement.jpg 
Views:	1183 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	27627  
    Last edited by sutcac; 11-14-2008 at 10:50 AM.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Here's my way, tho I'm sure there are others:

Extend the basement with a basement 'room' where the ramp needs to be. uncheck 'roof over this room' in the room bdx. Pull down the tops of the basement walls in section or render view to meet or be a little above your flat terrain. Put a wedge (in the library under 'geometric shapes') in the 'room'. resize the wedge to fill the 'room', set the bottom of the wedge to -2.4 meters (or whatever the basement floor elevation is) and the ht of the hedge to the vertical dimension required to reach the terrain. Set the wedge mat'l to cocret or as desired.

This method requires that you do the math to figure out how long the room' needs to be, based on the vertical difference between the basement floor elevation and the terrain and how steeply sloped the ramp you want.

dorothy
    Dorothy Howard AIA
    Architect
    Coronado, CA
    dhowardaia.com

X4 64-bit

Thanks, please tell me what was the problem with "guys"?
    Berezin Roman.
    version - X1

Quote Originally Posted by ramzzess
    Thanks, please tell me what was the problem with "guys"?
    It was just a funny typo from your first post. Not that there's anything wrong with that....
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com

OOps

Sorry, english is not realy my mother toungue. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
    Berezin Roman.
    version - X1

No offense, it was a typo that some found funny

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)