Newbie Needs Help with Shed Roof over Half of House?

Greetings, a newbie here. Just downloaded the Trial Version of the X1 Chief Architect software, and am a complete newb to using this type of software.

Hoping you guys will be willing to help a newbie on the trial.

I am attempting to create my house using this software as a test to see if this is the software package for us. I've created a first and second floor and they look ok so far. I am, however, having some major problems figuring out the roof tools.

My house is an 80's style split level, with a shed roof over the right half of the house (which is the raised section of the split level) and a normal gable roof over the left half. I've attached a photo so you can see what I mean.

I've successfully created the gable over the left half, but the shed roof is giving me fits, and I just don't know what I'm doing. Instead of making it like it has in the photo, it is just creating a roof over the entire house. I'll attach a photo of that too.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a tutorial somewhere that addresses this?

If you aren't willing to help a Trial user, I understand. I'll just keep goofing with it until I figure it out, if I can. If you can help, I will greatly appreciate it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_house_08-01-2004_x.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	27621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house_roof_problem_01.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	27622  

Hi:

All are welcome.

My partner does our roofs so I can't assist there but someone will be along shortly with suggestions.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Asbrand,

Make the front, back, and tall wall high shed gable walls under the roof tab for those walls.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Roofs can be confusing at first. Read about roofs in the manual and then do lots of experiments with simple structures, no rooms, doors windows etc. Use the overview and back clip cameras to see what is happening. Close without saving and try something else. Check out Louis' tutorials, http://www.lfcompany.com/chief_tutorials.php

Learn the manual roof tools.

The trick is to try lots of things on something you don't care about. It's scary to experiment on something you've invested a lot of time in.
    Jeff Murray
    X5, X6
    SU2013 Pro
    Windows 7 64 home