Light fixture glass

I am wondering if anyone has an answer for a problem that i have had with CA since ver 9. The light fixture glass in a live view or a CAD detail is not visible. I thought it was something I was doing, but I have noticed it in many screen shots here on this forum. I have fried to change colors, materials all to no avail. I find it very embarrassing when a client asks what happened to the glass when the program can do so many other things, and I have no answer. Does anyone perchance have an answer or "work around" for this. I really appreciate any advice. Thank you./

George Kelley
    X1

Hi George,

I am not sure I understand. It can and should be visible. Can you make reference to a specific fixture your having issue with?
    Spencer Design
    Modeling and Rendering
    Click here to send me an email

I have not seen that. CAn you post a picture? I would check the transparency setting for that material. MAybe somwhere along the line it got changed.
    Dennis Gavin CR, CKBR
    Gavin Design-Build
    Media, PA.
    610-353-8890
    X5

Light fixture glass

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I have found not all of my fixtures fade out. First, all vector views - in color of course, render views, and raytrace views show the glass just great. My problem is - vector view - wall elevation - b&w - on a layout page for the CD. I did ck. and found the old south pendant, contemporary flush, and the flush mounted - these fixtures in this plan lose the glass on the layout page. But, the contemporary bowl pendant does not lose the glass outline on the layout page. I have attempted to attach a b&w wall elevation .jpg. Hope it works - because what I saw in the view the glass is not there. If anyone can see what I am talking about, and has any suggestions i am all ears. Thanks for any and all help

George Kelley
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	27596  

Hi George,

You have some missing edge lines. This can happen when you make edits to the symbol. The only solution is to reimport the original object. If this is a stock library item, then only Chief Architect Inc. can does this. If it is from a third party, ask them to fix it.

HTH,
    Spencer Design
    Modeling and Rendering
    Click here to send me an email

George, I have been using Chief since version 8 and I have also had this problem with some of the Chief Lighting fixtures. I have had to use the CAD tools to draw in the lines that are missing--time consuming & frustrating. And no, I have not edited any of their symbols--it just doesn't appear. Sometimes it's the metal canopy at the ceiling, on some fixtures like a pendant, it's the extension rod between the ceiling and the glass.

Light fixture glass

Thank you both for your replies. Nor have i in any way altered the stock fixture from CA. They are decent. But if I have to take time to line draw the fixture in --- well that is idiotic. I left AutoCAD because I was tired of line drawing, and wanted to model. If this has been aproblem since ver 8 ---someone at CA need to fix this broken wing. After all this is not a program like IntelliCAD--inexpensive or free.

George Kelley