Hybrid View

Thanks, Bill. Can I presume that the invisible rooms were done using invisible walls? That, I can do. I am using invisible walls to do the big 12" lowered platform.

I can drop the 12" where I need to, because enough of the zero level lies across the first tread of the UP stairs to make them stay as-is. I can do a little room box with I-walls so that the stairs down begin at -6. I can modify the framing that generates. All do-able by me.

But changing the stairs to a symbol? Wow! That is beyond me. My symbol wizard wants to import a 3D file made elsewhere, and I don't see anything in the dbx when I open the stairs that leads to turning the stairs into a symbol.

Hint?
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

Gene:

I've never done this, but from postings here, I think the basic steps are to use edit area tool to copy the stairs to a new plan, then export as a .DWG file and then import via the symbol wizard.

For X1 it may not be necessary to do the export, at least that's what I remember hearing.

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)